- Notes from the Federal Palace
The Federal Council determines voting proposals at least four months before the voting date.
Everything you need to know about voting proposals (voting pamphlets, committees, recommendations by Parliament and the Federal Council etc.) is available at www.admin.ch/votes or via the Federal Chancellery’s VoteInfo app.
The Federal Council decided that there will be four federal proposals submitted to the people on 13 February 2022:
- Federal Popular Initiative ‘Yes to a ban on experiments on animals and humans – Yes to safe research that brings progress’
- Federal Popular Initiative ‘Yes to protecting children and young adults against tobacco advertising (No tobacco ads for children and young adults)’
- Amendment of 18 June 2021 to the Federal Act on Stamp Duties (StA)
- Federal Act of 18 June 2021 on a Media Support Package
The following federal popular initiatives have already been launched at the time of going to press (deadline for the collection of signatures in brackets):
- Federal Popular Initiative “Yes to an independent and free Swiss currency with coins or banknotes (Cash is freedom)” (17.02.2023)
- Federal Popular Initiative “For a responsible economy within our planet’s limits (Environmental Responsibility Initiative)” (24.02.2023)
- Federal Popular Initiative “Against the F-35 (Stop the F-35)” (01.03.2023)
- Federal Popular Initiative “Yes to fair and secure pensions (Generations Initiative)” (07.03.2023)
- Federal Popular Initiative “Living in dignity – For an unconditional basic income” (21.03.2023)
The list of pending popular initiatives is available in German, French and Italian at www.bk.admin.ch.