Embassies & consulates

For Swiss Abroad, the local Swiss representation (embassy or consulate) is the first point of contact.

Embassies and consulates are responsible for registrations and deregistrations, new identification papers and citizenship issues. They also accept registrations for political rights and are responsible for consular protection.

Information from the Federal Department of Foreign Affairs (FDFA)

You can find more information on the following FDFA website sections: