Financial support

Swiss Abroad can only claim social welfare after returning to Switzerland once they have fulfilled the requirements.

Social welfare

Once Swiss Abroad have established a place of residence in Switzerland under civil law, they can claim supplementary support and social welfare from their place of residence, depending on their financial circumstances. For more information about this, please contact the applicable social welfare office for your municipality of residence.

You can find general information on the website of the Swiss Conference of Social Assistance (SKOS).

Help with returning to Switzerland

In certain emergency situations, a request can be made for help with returning to Switzerland. Further information is available on the website of the FDFA.

E.O. Kilcher Fund

The E.O. Kilcher Fund, which is linked to the Foundation for Swiss Abroad, in principle pursues three different aims. For each of these, a separate fund is available and the requirements to claim from these funds are different.

You can find more information in the Kilcher Fund leaflet [Merkblatt Kilcher Fonds PDF fehlt]

To apply for assistance form this fund, you must submit an application. This application is reviewed by the responsible parties. There is no legal claim to assistance.

In all cases, applications can be submitted to the Legal Department of the Organisation of the Swiss Abroad, SwissCommunity.

You can obtain more information via telephone by calling +41 31 356 61 00.