- Notes from the Federal Palace
Votes and Elections
The Federal Council determines voting proposals at least four months before the voting date.
Everything you need to know about voting proposals (voting pamphlets, committees, recommendations by Parliament and the Federal Council etc.) is available at www.admin.ch/votes or via the Federal Chancellery’s VoteInfo app.
The Federal Council decided that there will be five federal proposals submitted to the people on 13 June 2021:
- Federal Popular Initiative of 18 January 2018 ‘For clean drinking water and healthy food – No subsidies for pesticides and the prophylactic use of antibiotics’;
- Federal Popular Initiative of 25 May 2018 ‘For a Switzerland with no synthetic pesticides’;
- Federal Act of 25 September 2020 on the Legal Framework for Federal Council Ordinances to overcome the COVID-19 Epidemic (COVID-19 Act);
- Federal Act of 25 September 2020 on the Reduction of Greenhouse Gas Emissions (CO2 Act);
- Federal Act of 25 September 2020 on Police Counterterrorism Measures (PCTA).
The following federal popular initiatives had already been launched at the time of going to press (deadline for the collection of signatures in brackets):
- Federal Popular Initiative “For indivi- dual taxation regardless of civil status (Fair taxation initiative)” (09.09.2022)
- Federal Popular Initiative “For safer vehicles” (16.09.2022)
The list of pending popular initiatives is available in German, French and Italian at www.bk.admin.ch > Politische Rechte > Volksinitiativen > Hängige Volksinitiativen