- Notes from the Federal Palace
Votes and Elections
Everything you need to know about voting proposals (voting pamphlets, committees, recommendations by Parliament and the Federal Council etc.) is available at www.admin.ch/votes or via the Federal Chancellery’s VoteInfo app.
The Federal Council determines voting proposals at least four months before the voting date.
On 4 November 2020, the Federal Council decided that there will be three federal proposals submitted to the people on 7 March 2021:
- Popular initiative “Yes to a ban on full facial coverings”
- Federal Act on Electronic Identification Services
- Federal Decree on the approval of a comprehensive economic partnership agreement between the EFTA member states and Indonesia
The following federal popular initiative had already been launched at the time of going to press (deadline for the collection of signatures in brackets):
- Federal Popular Initiative “Pay 7,500 francs to every Swiss citizen (Helicopter Money Initiative)” (20.04.2022)
The list of pending popular initiatives is available in German at: www.bk.admin.ch > Politische Rechte > Volksinitiativen > Hängige Volksinitiativen