- Notes from the Federal Palace
Votes and Elections
The Federal Council determines voting proposals at least four months before the voting date. National Council elections take place on 20 October 2019.
For information about the National Council elections, visit www.ch.ch/en/elections2019.
Everything you need to know about voting proposals (voting pamphlets, committees, recommendations by Parliament and the Federal Council, electronic voting, etc.) is available at www.admin.ch/votes or via the Federal Chancellery’s VoteInfo app.
The following federal popular initiatives have already been launched at the time of going to press (deadline for the collection of signatures in brackets):
- ‘Keep health insurance premiums to no more than 10 % of income (Premium relief initiative)’ (26.08.2020)
- ‘Include the CH-sign on our vehicle number plates (Number plate initiative)’ (05.09.2020)
- ‘For a more secure and trustworthy democracy (E-voting moratorium)’ (12.09.2020)
- ‘For the future of our natural world and landscape (biodiversity initiative)’ (26.09.2020)
- ‘Against concreting over our countryside (countryside initiative)’ (26.09.2020)
The list of pending popular initiatives is available in German at www.bk.admin.ch > Politische Rechte > Volksinitiativen > Hängige Volksinitiativen