Emigrating to non-EU states

When moving to a country outside the European Union (EU) or the EFTA area, there are a few things to take note of, as neither the bilateral agreements nor the freedom of movement of persons apply.

Before your departure, you should clarify what residence permits you require, whether you need a work permit, or if you are even allowed to work, and also what the national insurance situation is.

In short, emigration must be planned carefully and in good time so as to avoid nasty surprises.

Our legal service

We provide general information about Swiss law in relation to emigration and answer any specific questions you may have. We would also be happy to provide you with information material on the topic.

You will find more information on the following websites:

Additional information: