Emigrating to EU states
The Agreement on the free movement of persons seeks to facilitate the geographical and professional mobility of Swiss citizens within the EU and EFTA Member States. This agreement stipulates, in particular, that Swiss citizens shall enjoy, within the European area, living, employment and working conditions identical to those accorded to citizens of the EU/EFTA states.
We provide general information about Swiss law in relation to emigration and answer any specific questions you may have. We would also be happy to provide you with information material on the topic.
You will find more information on the following websites:
- Health insurance within the EU/EFTA
- OASI/DI within the EU/EFTA
- 2. Pillars within the EU/EFTA
- Information about living abroad
The following brochures contain the most important information relating to emigration to an EU/EFTA state:
- Federal administration’s freedom of movement of persons portal
- EU point of contact for diploma recognition
- EURES The European Job Mobility Portal
- EU/EFTA National Insurance Obligation connection point
- Emigrating to the EU
- Federal Social Insurance Office (FSIO) fact sheet, the effect of the EU/EFTA freedom of movement of persons on national insurance and social welfare