- Noticias del Palacio Federal
Elecciones y votación
Voting proposals are determined by the Federal Council at least four months before the voting date. The following proposa wil be put on the vote on 24th September 2017:
- Federal Decree of 14 March 2017 on Food Security (direct counter-proposal to the popular initiative “For food security”, which has now been withdrawn) (BBl 2017 2383);
- Federal Decree of 17 March 2017 on Additional Funding for OASI (Old-Age and Survivors Insurance) by increasing Value Added Tax (BBl 2017 2381);
- Federal Act of 17 March 2017 on the Reform of Retirement Provision 2020 (BBl 2017 2393).
Further voting date 2017: 26th November
All information on the proposals (voting pamphlets, committees, recommendations of Parliament and the Federal Council, electronic voting, etc.) can be found at www.admin.ch/votes.
The following new federal popular initiatives had been launched at the time of going to press (deadline for the collection of signatures in brackets):
- “For clean drinking water and healthy food – No subsidies for pesticides and the prophylactic use of antibiotics” (21.09.2018)
- “For a ban on financing war material manufacturers” (11.10.2018)
- “Close down the nuclear power station – take responsibility for the environment” (16.11.2018)
- “Jobs for Swiss residents first” (13.12.2018)
The list of pending popular initiatives can be found at