Sustainability at the Congress
The Organisation of the Swiss Abroad, SwissCommunity, is committed to sustainability. We aim to make the Congress as environmentally friendly as possible. That includes:
- Name tags and lanyards: The name tags are made of PVC and are recyclable. The lanyards can be reused. Please use the return box at reception.
- Bag with Congress documents: The material used for the bag is wood-based. It requires less water than cotton. The bag is biodegradable.
- Giveaways: We are distributing wooden pencils instead of plastic pens.
- Programme: We are only producing as many programmes as we need. They are printed on wood-free paper.
- Water dispenser: You may fill your glasses or reusable water bottles at the water dispenser instead of using PET bottles.
- Regional products: The ingredients used for the food and drinks at the Congress are sourced in Canton Ticino as much as possible.
What can you do?
- If you are travelling by aeroplane, you can offset the CO2 emissions. Many airline companies offer this option when booking.
- Use public transport when travelling in Switzerland. Do you know about our Special offer Swiss Travel Pass for Congress participants?
- Be inspired by the "Go green..." tips on the website of the Canton Ticino.
The ongoing commitment of the Organisation of the Swiss Abroad to sustainability and the environment
- We minimise printing in the office and use both sides of the paper.
- We are increasingly using paper types comprised of 100% used paper for printing.
- We use regional providers as much as possible for products and services.
- We have a recycling station for glass, PET and aluminium for our staff.
- Part of our garden is natural with living space for small animals and insects, such as wild bees.