Obwalden: Facts & Figures
The life of a canton can also be expressed in figures, percentages, kilograms, population statistics or any other unit of measurement. These serve to track its development at a variety of levels. The Canton of Obwalden holds statistics for its region on a number of subjects.
Did you know…?
- 3,238 metres is the highest point in the Canton (Mount Titlis).
- 7,599,000 passengers have been carried by the mountain railways of Bergbahnen Engelberg-Trübsee-Titlis AG.
The figures keep coming
- 289.6 million kWh was the Canton's electricity production in the period 2006-07.
- 69 inhabitants per square kilometre is the Canton's population density - far below the national average.
- 400,289 nights were spent in the Canton by tourists from abroad and 252,727 nights by tourists from Switzerland in 2008.
For more information on cantonal statistics in the Canton of Obwalden
Obwalden in Figures (only available in German)